Sunday, May 8, 2011

It Begins

Here I go, entering the blogging world with the help of a friend, Lucy. She is currently the only person who will be reading my blog but I've got to start somewhere. So...here it goes.

How do you prepare to move half way across the world? Is it normal to feel anxious yet excited and just a little like you want to hide in your bedroom and never leave? We are saying farewell to the United States for 3 years in a little over a month. And will be living out of suitcases in only a couple weeks. My chest is tightening as I am thinking about it. Golly, it seems so real now that I'm typing it out. We're going to ENGLAND!!!



We will be living between London and Cambridge on this map. We will be 2 hours north of London and an hour away from Cambridge. We haven't decided which little village or town we'll be living in but the base Matt will be working at is Lakenheath AFB.

Another important part of our lives is Ty Payton Meeker who was born on February 16, 2011.


Now its 11.5 weeks later and Ty is SO big!! He weighs 15lbs and is 25inches long. He has brought so much joy into our lives it's incredible. I love his smiles and coos. He even laughed the other day (haven't been able to get him to do it since but...). I am so excited to show him off to my inlaws this next week. I'm sure they'll validate the feelings I have about him.


He is our little munchkin man!



He is also our superman! He loves to "fly" all over the place.

I love to cuddle with him.

He was our little Easter bunny.

We feel so blessed to have Ty in our lives. He truly is a miracle.

Our other child, our first child has been feeling very left out and I think she takes it out on her toys. Let me ask you...where's Waldo?


Yep, that's right. It used to be Waldo. With a head, body, arms, and legs. Unfortunately for him this little angel, our Gracie, felt he needed to die.

 And yes she did eat most of him. I have found this shirt, an arm (yes, just one), and his legs. Poor Waldo.

You know how I used to be obsessed with Didiers Frozen Yogurt? Not to say that I don't still LOVE Didiers and the fact that every week they change their flavors and that every Tuesday regular cups are half off. But, I have found a new replacement obsession and it is Froyo Earth.


They are self serve and they even let you serve your own samples. So you grab your cup, fill it with the flavor(s) you want and then top it with as much as you want of the loads of toppings they have; like cereal or nuts or reeses or...drum roll please...cheesecake bites! That's right. Little squares of cheesecake with grahamcracker crust. AMAZING!! All I can say is yum, yum, yummy! Then you just pay by weight. I think it's the coolest idea ever and I have forced Matt to go with me twice so far. I might've also pressured Landon and Lucy to go as well but they seemed to enjoy themselves.

Well, I've blabbed too much and there's so much to do. I will leave it at that and bid you adieu. (Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to rhyme right there).

5 comments:

  1. Keep posting all the photos and funny stories! (Oh Gracie...) Can't wait to see you guys in Kentucky! Love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look I wasn't even the first one to post on your blog. Obviously someone else is reading :) Great post and pics. We totally love the frozen yogurt too! Just email/facebook everyone your new blog address. Ask for fellow bloggers to send you their blog address as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great start! I have a blog too, but totally out dated, I should update, makes for a good journal which I totally lack in writing, ha ha...that is so exciting and scary about England, good luck and I will be looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. Don't give it up like I did. . . . Love you sis. You are a good writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you...so glad to get updated!!! Ty is ADORABLE!!! I am so sad I missed a final yogurt outing with you, but totally understand. I look forward to more of your blogs about your new adventure. Love you.

    ReplyDelete