Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Stores make me happy!

About a month or so ago I was walking to my car in the church parking lot carrying Ty in his carrier, my diaper bag, and scriptures with my phone in my other arm. While I was attempting to juggle everything my iphone slipped out of my arms and landed face first onto the concrete. Of course there were spectators and so I tried to laugh it off when I picked up my phone and realized the entire front screen was shattered. As soon as I reached my car the devastation and stress about having to tell Matt about it was starting to set in. I also was not looking forward to hearing the inevitable, "I told you to buy a case for that phone." comment that I knew was bound to be uttered. Weirdly the touch screen actually worked so I figured I could suffer through the shattered glass for awhile before having to get a new phone.

Unfortunately a few days later I started noticing pieces of glass would pop out when I'd try to slide my finger to unlock the phone. Though this was a little worrying I still told myself that it was the penance I had to pay for my clumsiness. The real problem was a couple days later when I talked on the phone and  a chunk of glass stuck to my face. I decided my phone had become a hazard and told Matt we needed to get me a new phone no matter what. He fervently agreed and so for my birthday we made a trip to Norwich which has the nearest Apple store.

Before we started out we let Ty play with some balloons I got from a friend for my birthday. He adored them. He loved trying to get them in his mouth and waving them around.



We drove the hour to Norwich and once we got to our destination we realized we forgot Ty's stroller. Dun da dun (input Oregon Trail sounds of impending doom). We foolishly decided we didn't want to use the carrier and that we'd find a place where we could buy a cheap umbrella stroller (can I just say we're idiots cause we've never found anything "cheap" here so I have no idea why we deluded ourselves with that notion). So we went to the Apple store and took turns with who got to carry the 20lb diaper bag or 18lb Ty.

At the Apple store we had an amazing experience. Instead of paying 138 pounds  to replace my phone we got a completely new phone for...FREE!!!! We bought a case for the phone before leaving. It's a super cute Kate Spade case with turquoise, white and bright green uneven stripes. I LOVE IT!!!! After the Apple store we decided to do some exploring.

A cathedral that we thought was the Norwich cathedral but it wasn't. :)

The boys in front of a market (the multi colored roofs) and the Norwich Castle in the way background.

Cool indoor shopping area.
After a couple hours of exploring we were extremely tired, both Ty and Matt were sick and I was getting their bug. Also Ty and the diaper bag were getting so heavy and we didn't find a stroller anywhere. At least not a cheap one. We decided we'd have to come back to get the true flavor of Norwich. There's so much to do and we didn't do much. Maybe next time. All in all it was a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What adventures you guys are enjoying! Such a cool life :)

    -Gus

    ReplyDelete