Monday, June 13, 2011

Kentucky and Tennessee visit

So much fun crammed into so few days!! I can't believe we're in England already. I feel so blessed to have been able to be with all my immediate family and grandmother. There were some definite highlights like we got to try Chipoltle for the first time. I agreed with my dad that Qdoba is better but it was fun to be with everyone. We tried Steak and Shake and I like it! (think of commercial for shake and bake with the little girls saying it). And we also got to try a fab new frozen yogurt place called Orange Leaf.
It was just like Froyo Earth except it's flavors were better and there were sooo many of them. I loved brownie batter and confetti cake.

Kristin took us on a Frankfort adventure. We saw the governer's mansion. Ate at Melissa's in Versailles. Which was super yummy and home towny.


 Then we got to see....drum roll please...a Frank Lloyd Wright house!!! He's my favorite architect of ALL time!!


 Then Cassie and Kevin flew in and Ty got to hangout with his aunt and uncle!! He LOVES them!! Don't worry other aunts and uncles. He loves you too!!


We were going and going and going like the Energizer bunny and obviously Matt couldn't keep up. Neither could Ty, Grace or Ben.

 Here we are at a family breakfast before Matt and I left for Tennesse for a few days. We all ate at Cracker Barrel. Again, here I am talking about how amazing the food is. I think I know why it's so hard to get rid of the weight. I love the food too much. But just so you know, the blueberry pancakes are stellar!! Take my dad's advice and get extra syrup. Yumm!!
 Here is Ty in the pool for his second time swimming!! The first time we were at a lake and had the boat breakdown and we all got in the water and pushed and pulled the boat. It was inching along and then I jokingly suggested they should tie a rope around me and we'd really start cruising. Well...they threw me a rope and I towed the boat!! It was pretty cool!! Great workout.



 Then Matt and I went to Tennessee and saw Josh and Brooke.It was super fun. We hung out at Brooke's gym and jumped on all the crazy trampolines, did cartwheels, tried back handsprings and the best part about it was we were the only ones there!! Then we swam at Brooke's mom's pool. Marco Polo has never been more fun! And finally we drove to Nashville and visited the Opry Land Hotel. AMAZING!! It was gorgeous! I wanted to spend the night there!



This is a pic of Nashville as we were getting ourselves lost trying to find Bombasha. A Brazilian steakhouse! YUMM!! I got a real taste of the joys of motherhood that night. First Ty had a blowout and I had to change him at the restaurant. When I went into the bathroom there was no counter or any space to change his diaper. So I had to put down the toilet lid and change him on top of it. Then he started crying at the top of his lungs cause he didn't want to be changed. And after I had calmed him he started bawling again and Matt took him outside so I could eat something but it was obvious that Ty was hungry. The car had been parked by a valet so I had to ask for the keys and nursed Ty in the car for the next 20 min. By the time I got back everyone was stuffed and so I had to eat as quickly as possible as it was getting late. The bonus about being outside of the restaurant was that I didn't get swept into the craze of feeding frenzy. I was able to eat as much as would satisfy me. Then I had enough room for Maggie Moos!! 

 One really exciting part of our trip was the fact that Ty has grown soooo much!!! He had a few firsts. Like he started playing with toys for the first time. Now he can't stand to be in his seat without a toy! Also, he started taking steps (while being supported). It was sooo cool!!
I loved our time in horse country! The rolling hills were beautiful, the homes were stunning and spending time with family is priceless!

Did I mention I have some pretty cool sisters? One of them, Kristin just got a new camera and her husband Gus took pictures of Ty for us. Here are a few!












 Gracie running free in my parent's 5 acres of grass!! I think she like it there!

 Bennie Boo wishing he could join in the fun. Too bad he runs away when he's let loose.

 Some family fun pics.
 Kristin Grandmother and Cassie after our big family dinner with the Wilsons and Christine. Kevin and his dad caught fresh King Salmon in Alaska and brought some for us to eat!!

 Gracie and Bennie Boo just chillin' together!

Mimi with her first grandbaby Ty!!

It was sooo fun, sad its over but the good news is that since my parents discovered they can't stand to be away from us they're planning on visiting us next January for a month!!! Atleast they say that now. It could be that once my sister Kristin has her baby they won't want to leave him or her. Hope they know we would love for them to come!!!

I know I could make this blog more interesting but life has been so jam packed with fun and craziness that I have soo much to cover. For instance I have to let you know that Ty is a pro traveller. He is amazing on the plane. He never cries and all of the passengers around us were so surprised at how good he was. He slept almost the entire way here. I definitely feel like Heavenly Father blessed us. Well, gotta unpack!! Next time I blog it will be about the England adventures!!

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome to read about England! Sounds like an adventure for sure! I love ya'lls house! It's like a castle! It's sweet! I laughed at driving on the wrong side of the road! I was scared when Matt would drive in Texas! I can only imagine how he drives in England! haha jk.... It sounds like ya'll are doing good. I'm excited to be a follower of ya'lls adventure in the land of England! :)

    ReplyDelete